Saturday

Milan Fashion Week: Versace S/S 2011

I really wish that I knew how to write about fashion. lol! Look at me, I have a fashion blog and I'm saying that I don't even know how to write about fashion. Well... it's the truth.. I know what I think is beautiful or stylish in pictures, but I want to learn how to describe a dress or a pair of shoes the way some people do.

So, for now, I'm just going to have to share what I find other's saying hehe.. sorry!

The Greek "fret" or "key" motif, first used by her late brother, Gianni, was a major element in this snappy, sculptured show.

Like a frieze on a Delphic temple, it traced a line down the torso, on a slim patent belt around the waist, or in the flurry of multicoloured fringing which marked the sexy little party-dresses, and cutaway tops with slim skirts. ...

For red carpet devotees, she returned to a favourite theme, the Greek Goddess, with a parade of bra-top gowns, in red, turquoise, beige and white, swathed over the bodice with silk fringes, which then cascaded over the long skirts.
By Hilary Alexander, fashion.telegraph.co.uk | 24 September 2010


All images courtesy of fashion.telegraph.co.uk

What do you think about Versace's Spring/Summer 2011 line?

Jenn

2 comments:

kristy eléna said...

i really enjoyed versace's show which was kind of surprising. i think versace can go off into the tacky at times, but i thought this show kept it classy while still being innovative and creative.

as for writing about fashion, i personally think it comes with time. in the beginning just try writing about what you like and what you don't like, it's all subjective anyway. =)

Jenn said...

i agree with you - i think these dresses were fun, fresh and creative.. not tacky at all! thanks for the encouragement about writing about fashion - i think you're right, it's all subjective and i need to define what i like and don't like and then from there it's basically learning the vocabulary of fabrics and designs etc. :-)
God bless and thanks for your comment!

jenn

Related Posts with Thumbnails